Hey y'all! I'm here wearing another tunic + jeans outfit! In the Tennessee wintertime when going out the door means instant mud on anything that can be swept in the wind or hit the side of the car, I wear jeans quite often because sometimes dealing with keeping my skirt clean and carrying all the packages or grocery bags is just not practical. And y'all know I'm alllll about practical. :D
- Trying to break through the ice so the cows could drink the water but as soon as you hit it, the wooden stake you were using broke in half and went flying. By the time you had broken it all up, the stake had broken four times and you couldn't feel your fingers. And your lilac pants had green water all over them.
- Your wool coat sticking to the metal bar you leaned over.
- Fitting a couch in the back of your passenger van and driving home with the doors open.
- Saying "ouch" audibly every time you move.
- Trying to plan a "girl's night" with your friends for like a week and a half working around everyone's schedule and when the night finally came after about an hour the guys crash your party and y'all end up watching a movie together instead.
- Everyone asking, "Do you like your hair cut?" before they give their "oh, I love it!" opinion. ;)
- Sitting on a wooden floor in a black skirt at a party and getting covered in dirt/hair/food particles.
- Taking the kids to the country store and the only snack they can eat in the entire store is pork skins, so you buy a bag and they devour them saying "These are the best things ever!" while you are inwardly gagging at the smell.
- Packing your car full of groceries so much that to get in you have to pick stuff up and keep it in your lap.
- Waking up to your phone's "weather alert" saying to be cautious because of freezing fog. O.o
- The cashier at Costco keeping a thing of dog treats behind the counter for the furry visitors. One of them was as big as me, not even kidding.
- Wondering why people are staring at you. Is there something on my face? Am I not smiling enough? Do I look like someone? Am I that much of a homeschooler?
- Running out of money on your debit card at the cash register so you have to put stuff back.
- Buying gifts for people pro-actively but by the time they come in the mail you've forgotten who you bought the gift for.
- Getting really thorough test results about why I was feeling bad. Lyme's disease and four co-infections should knock anyone out!
- This quote I found as I read through old journals: "Meekness is being so committed to the will of God that you accept whatever He brings into your life without complaining."
- Going "sledding". Although the snow was practically all melted, a friend invited us over to be pulled behind his 4-wheeler on a carhood through his cow pasture. Insanely fun. Insanely muddy/gross. Insanely physically taxing as you hold on at high speeds and around turns. Insanely worth the major soreness and bruises and 40 minute shower to get the cow blech out of your hair.
- Bridal showers where your friends are talking about flowers and venues and their husbands-to-be.
- Good southern gents who are concerned about a lady's safety, even if they don't know her.
- Being super inspired by the idea of living in a super tiny cabin while you can to save money and/or not have utility bills. I stayed up late watching Simple Solar Homesteading's YouTube videos one evening this week. Love. That kind of creativity is awesome. As if living in a log home isn't redneck enough for me....
- Running into readers while doing errands!
- Getting a new eShakti dress in the mail today! I can't wait until it's warm enough to wear it! Get $25 OFF your first order! Shop www.eShakti.com
- Getting to help my daddy with work deadlines. I realize not many girls have the privilege to be able to help their dad so directly and all in all, there could be worse things to do than tedious computer work. :P
- 5-minute paleo chocolate mug cake. Or vanilla if you're out of cocoa.
- Ordering fabrics for new swimsuits! I'm excited to try some new styles. :)
- Movie+hot cocoa nights with friends even when the roads are bad and you have to use a 4x4 to get up your friend's driveway.
- All the great sponsors I have this month! Please check out The I Love You's, ScriptureScapes, Jamberry Nails, The Head Covering Movement, and Lilla Rose and let them know I sent you!
Tunic: Forever21: thredUP: Free w/credit
Jeans: American Eagle: thredUP: Free w/credit
Boots: Shoe Carnival: $35
Nails: c/o Jamberry
Earrings: Walmart: $1.50
Do you wear jeans more often in the wintertime? What's your favorite style of tunic? Do you have a favorite brand of jeans? What's been awkward or awesome about your week?