Thursday, April 3, 2014

1 Button-Down | 3 Days | 3 Ways ~ Day 1

Hey y'all! Today kicks off the One Button-Down | Three Days | Three Ways event! Plus it's Awk+Awe Thursday! Woo! 

 Awkward:

  • Being able to get most of your to-do list done and still be in your pajamas. I try to not do that, but I could. 
  • When you look up the lyrics to a song and you think either, "I've been listing to THIS?!" or "Woooah I love this now!"
  • Considering yourself a pretty strong person... until customer service tries to talk to in to staying another month. *sigh*
  • Having a completely full-blown freak out session last Friday. I couldn't breath in between ranting about a million things and flopping all over beds and pacing and arms flailing and shaking with excitement over things to come. I hope y'all are getting as pumped as I am for this skirt line. 
  • Getting a numb mouth on April Fool's Day thanks to my dad putting baby orajel on my toothbrush. 
  • When dreams mix with reality and you start typing on your phone at 1 am... not good. 
  • Walking around a strange town and not being used to the weird friendly people like the residents are. 
  • Arriving home hoarse from singing at the top of your lungs for 4 hours trying to keep yourself awake. 
  • Being asked to speak in front of the church... and not really having a plan. 
  • Doing all my skirt line lists/numbers/information on lined notebook paper instead of on the computer. I can stay better organized and focused that way somehow. Plus it means I can take my work into the field (literally) with me. 
  • Realizing you're wearing two different flip-flops as you're on your way to lunch with someone. 
 Awesome:

  • This warm weather! I didn't think about it being in the 80's when I chose this shirt. :P 
  • Friends who take time to help you brainstorm about names or crunch numbers or visit factories. I could not do this without their support. 
  • The power steering fixing itself.
  • This quote, which is working its way to being my life's motto: "Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls." ~Mother Theresa
  • Driving around with no place to go, arm hanging out the window singing at the top of your lungs on an absolutely GORGEOUS day to clear your head and revive your spirit, sipping alternately cold coffee and warm mandarin orange soda. Cured.
  • Bell Tower Boutique
  • Not being nervous as I head to a business meeting. Seriously, the grace of God is amazing because I was once the shyest girl you'd ever seen. Finding confidence in Christ is the best feeling ever. 
  • Watching storms blow in. 
  • Getting to take a factory tour when I met with my manufacturer on Monday. It was such a beautiful, friendly place. 

This is the only outfit I had thought of when I picked this shirt for this challenge! It'll be interesting to see what I come up with tomorrow. :P Because of the warm weather, I rolled the sleeves up as much as I could. To show off the button detail on my skirt, I tied the button-down, which also helped make it more flattering since it's so loose on me. 
// outfit details //
Shirt: Charity Shop: $1
Tank: Forever21: $1.80
Skirt: Made By Me: {click here for directions}
Bracelet: Borrowed from my sister
Flip flops: Sears?
Earrings: Walmart
Necklace: GroopDealz : $3.99

Go check out Ashley's, The Boyer Sisters, and Callie's blogs to see their Day 1 outfits! I hope you'll join us. Enter the link to your post below and grab the button to add to your post! For more information about how to participate, Charlotte wrote an awesome post with all the information. {click here to read that}


1 Button Down | 3 Days| 3 Ways 
 

Have an awesome day!


32 comments :

  1. Your MANUFACTURER?! Somehow I thought you were going to be making them yourself! That is neat, and I have always wondered just how that kind of process works. It would be wonderful if you could share that process with us sometime.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I just realized I've been sharing hardly any information about all this here on the blog! I think a post about the happenings is in order. :D

      Delete
    2. Yes, please do! I've been wondering what your skirt line is all about. It sounds so exciting!

      Delete
    3. I'd love it if you could share!

      Delete
    4. That would be awesome!

      Delete
    5. Um YES!!! All we have heard about is a "secret project" and then in the last few days something about skirts?!?! So yes please ;) haha we are dying to know all about it! At least I am! Tell us the whole story! From the first thought that made you want to do it, and what inspired you, and.....yeah ;)

      Delete
    6. Oh do! I was wondering what you were talking about as well when you said that!!! :D

      Delete
    7. It's up! http://freshmodesty.blogspot.com/2014/04/whats-up-story-behind-fresh-apparel.html

      Delete
    8. Oh yahoo! So excited about this post :)

      And your outfit is lovely. I really, really love that skirt.

      Delete
  2. That is SO insanely cute, Olivia! I love it so much! This is such an awesome way to style a button down! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know jusy what you mean by the whole "lined notebook paper instead of on the computer" I too stay better organized and focused that way. :-)

    Also, regarding the first commenter and your reply: yes, I was shocked in a good way about the skirt line mentioned in the last post! We want to know more! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so adorable in this outfit, Olivia!! Love it!! <3

    ~Ashley
    Bramblewood Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! SO cute <3 I loooove the way you style your blouse; exactly how I would have worn it ;)

    Excited for your skirt line! You are in my prayers <3

    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest way I have ever seen a button down shirt worn! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable! You made the shirt look so lovely, flattering, and sophisticated! I thought it might look awesome tied up like that.

    Can't believe it's in the 80s over there! The 60s has been the highest it's gotten here, although I really can't complain about that since it's such a relief compared to the below zero winter temps. Enjoy it!

    Also, that is SO amazing about the clothing line! I pray for its success, although its sure to be one, since your skirts absolutely rock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am doing the button up challenge just to see what happens. I am wearing a white, pink, and periwinkle button up with a pink shirt underneath. So the buttons are not really buttoned! XD. I am currently working on a modesty blog and it was inspired by yours Olivia! You are such a blessing to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally adorable outfit. I so wish I had time to do this with you guys!

    Feminine Modesty
    Iris♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I am not sure why my link showed up three times (because I refreshed the page?); I am sorry about that, how do I fix that?
    I love the color of your top and the ruffles on it.
    I was rather warm in my outfit because I wore a top over a dress.
    I planned out my outfits. That is the only way I could do this because I don't usually wear button downs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep up the good work, Olivia! Can't wait to see your skirt line!!!!!
    God Bless,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  12. oops...i accidently entered twice! Is there someway to fix that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittney!
      Don't worry about it, I can fix it from my end! :)
      ~Ashley
      Bramblewood Fashion

      Delete
  13. I have a very similar shirt in pink and I'm excited to see how you style it over these next few days. :) Super excited about your new skirt line! Yes, more details please. :) Blessings!

    p.s. Nothing from thredUP in this outfit? ;) But don't get me wrong - love seeing the treasures you find on there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did enter my link however I don't see it on the page. Should I put it on again?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sooo...I didn't read all the comments but it looks like your are finally getting the chance to launch your own clothing line?! SO exciting! I love the way you styled your buttondown with your skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! http://freshmodesty.blogspot.com/2014/04/whats-up-story-behind-fresh-apparel.html

      Delete
  16. 80?!? Wow, that's warm! I've been soaking in my 50degs! Lol!
    I was going to join the event, however I don't own a button up shirt....
    I was just thinking I should do an event on my blog! It's been so long!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that skirt! The buttons are so cute! I love the tied up shirt idea as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute! It's always fun to tackle a challenge and make it work;)

    -Abigail of happysnappingphotography.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the buttons on that skirt. They are so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!