Hey y'all! I had a wonderful trip to Bristol yesterday! God worked some setbacks all out in His perfect plan. No surprise there though. ;) Super exciting things are happening with Fresh Apparel Denim Company!
- Hanging out with the don't-want-to-dance guys at a dance. You didn't want to dance either, but it was still awkward for those few minutes when everyone is pairing up.
- The cashier at a bagel store overcharging your dad and standing there for literally longer than 8 minutes as they all pulled out their calculators to figure out the refund.
- Getting hit on the forehead with a board flying off the table saw and between your eyebrows swelling up, so you can't move them for several days without pain. Never realized how much you use your eyebrows when talking!
- Thinking you had set up a new email account and so you use that to make a Vistaprint account, and then realize you never did set it up and whoops that address is taken. So, someone, I'm sorry for setting up an account for you. :D
- Googling images of cow warts. Ew. ew. ew. ew. EWWWW. At least we diagnosed it finally?
- When you're reassuring your mom on the phone the roads are okay and everyone around is screaming you're in trouble and gonna die.
- Getting upset at someone over something ridiculous and then having to ask them for a favor.
- Playing Frisbee with a bunch of profreshes. I cannot catch to save my life. At least it was dark so you couldn't really tell it was me who missed it. ;)
- When I was 15: "How old are you, 21?" Now: "How old are you, 15?"
- Eating BBQ smoked ribs while talking with a guy about Fresh Modesty. Um, there is NO lady-like way to eat ribs.
- Hanging out at a popcorn party (love my friends) after a day of barn-building and shoving handful after handful into your mouth because you worked up such an appetite.
- Having the oh-so-difficult job of putting lids on lemonade cups at your church's lemonade stand.
- The Beard Booth at the oh-so-quintessentially-hipster Sevier Park Festival on 12 South in Nashville this past Saturday. There were some awesome beards walking around.
- Your dad tricking you into eating frog legs. Ew ew ew.
- Getting into the truck and finding a used plunger in the passenger seat.
Easy peasy limey squeezy outfit.
Shirt: Sears? Kohl's? :$3
Skirt: Made by me: Errand #17 style, will be available hopefully soon from Fresh Apparel!
Earrings: Thrift Store: $2
- Barn raisings! We had a week-long multi-church project that God worked through in so many ways. It was a great time of fellowship, hard work, and productivity for His glory.
- Barn dances! A friend traveled from Arkansas to call the dance that was the culmination of the week's work. It was such a lovely evening and for supper we had smoked ribs!
- My grandfather buying the little cottage at the bottom of our hill as a guest house for us. It came fully furnished, in perfect timing for weekend guests, and is just SO nice. My sister is able to use the kitchen to do her gluten-free business and I'm able to film in quiet there.
- Getting to see the sample of how the factory can make my skirt... y'all be looking for the Kickstarter sometime NEXT WEEEEEK (Lord willing)!
- All the little details the Lord has brought to my attention that He has worked out perfectly for us. The last several weeks I have been overwhelmed by His blessings in each and every thing that happens. I may not understand it fully yet, but I trust He's got this.
- Adidas track pants. I always thought they were probably overrated and why do people insist on wearing them as normal attire? But I got a pair to run in on cool mornings and wowwww are they comfortable. I change into my PJ's just a little sooner some nights.
- Snapchat. Yes, it's silly and ridiculous. But, it sure makes staying close with busy friends easier.
- You've blessed me with packages full of handmade gifts, thank-you letters, written out prayers, incredible testimonies, sweet comments, and email after email of love. You girls who read my blog are gems I don't deserve. Thank you so much, Stephanie, for the lovely gift! <3
- Hanging out with friends at the festival. We looked at booths, explored clothing-store-trailers, took pictures with robots, sat in the grass and listened to live music, and ate avocado popsicles.
- This quote: (No, I haven't read the book)
- "There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater. But sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life. That is the sort of bravery I must have now." ~Veronica Roth
ScriptureScapes, started innocently enough: I and my siblings were just making a gift for my parents. The snowball effect took over from that effort, and, with a bit of help, you have what ScriptureScapes is today. Here at ScriptureScapes our aim is to provide you with beautiful pictures for your home, but always with clearly visible scripture verses. No tiny, hardly-legible, squished-into-the-corner typography for us.
Right now, the options we provide are fairly basic. There are nineteen pictures to choose from, each one in three different sizes: 8x12”, 12x18”, and 16x24”. Each picture comes with a simple black frame, all ready to hang. Shipping is included in all pricing.
ScriptureScapes still needs a lot of development, so I’d welcome it if you have suggestions on how to add value or bring a better/more useful product to the table (er, I mean, wall). Check out our Etsy store here, and also check out my blog (www.pjbphotography.wordpress.com/blog) for pictures, verses, free desktops, and the occasional article.
I hope y'all have had a lovely week! Now, time to share your awkwards and awesomes! I love reading them! Also, please check out ScriptureScapes and let me know which verse/picture is your favorite! If you end up ordering one, let Paul know I sentcha. ;)