- Sitting outside enjoying the quiet campground... when your dad yells, "MARCO!" and his uncle from two cabins down yells back, "POLO". Some other Howard joins in with another "MARCO" and a cousin responds, "POLO". I felt sorry for all the other vacationers as we did this at random times all week long.
- Using a toilet that had to be a hundred years old in a house that was built around the Civil War.
- That your sister sewed a bag out of t-shirts so she could take her fresh roses on vacation with her.
- Chasing down a cow across the field in flip-flops because your aunt wants to pet it.
- When your dad photoshops a really bad picture of you and him in a tree (both being goofy and it's just really unflattering) and swaps your faces, then tags you in it on facebook. Such a TERRIBLE photo. :P
- Your grandfather walks sleepily into the kitchen where everyone is hanging out at 1 am, "Y'all telling ghost stories?" "No! Exploding people stories!"
- Sitting in a flower bed outside the state park lodge bumming wifi so you can respond to business emails.
- Wearing a pair of distressed jeans: "Your pants look like you had to fix them because they just popped. Like you ate too many potato chips and they went pssktchk!" ~ Dad
- Not having answers when people ask about different aspects of Fresh Apparel because you haven't quite figured such-and-such out yet. There is SO MUCH to think about when starting a clothing line!
- Spending 20 minutes driving in circles trying to find Starbucks because you have a gift card and you're by yourself hours from home and you just need whipped cream.
- That it's 9 am and my family is gathered in the living room watching "What Does The Fox Say?"
- Trying to quickly walk to your family, who is standing waiting on you at checkout, down the main isle of Target. Your shoes are wobbly and slick and you nearly completely fall on your face, but instead do a super ungraceful "catch myself on nothing" move. As you try to walk smoothly again, your mom is giggling at you.
- Teaching your little sister Willa to pump gas and you realize she's never swiped a debit card before.
- Traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway at sunset. WOW. I want to do it on a motorcycle next.
- Learning family history I had never heard before and visiting my great-grandfather's hometown with my dad's whole extended family. Wonderful, wonderful week with the How-Weirds.
- Sunday: Up until 1 am playing Balderdash and actually did okay!
- Monday: Replied to 42 emails in 4 hours.
- Tuesday: Spent from 10 am-11pm working on my bridesmaid's dress.
- Wednesday: Helped my dad with coding for an app on mold-- thought it was going to take 16 hours but got it done in 7! So I spent the evening working on the dress some more with a bestie.
- Thursday: Appointment at the doctor's and boot shopping on Broadway in downtown Nashville! I finally have a pair of dressy dancing boots!
- Living close enough to my best friends that I can borrow a sewing pattern for the few hours they're not using it.
- Being able to pack for a 5 day trip in about an hour while nauseous, not over-pack, and have perfectly suited outfits for the week. Easy summer wardrobes are the best.
- God's grace in allowing me to get the basics plus a little done even though I've been super sick lately. And for family who picks up my slack.
- My sister Emma passing her driving test! I don't have to play chauffeur anymore. ;)
- My whole family being able to stop by LC King on our way home from vacation to pick up another skirt sample! I had them do this one in a little bit heavier, dark denim and I loooove it.
- Skipping out on the cave tour to lay by the pool and watch your siblings splash around. It's not vacation until your knees are sunburned.
- Going over and sitting on your friend's concrete basement floor with her for an hour just because.
- Lining up all the different dresses I'm planning to wear to various wedding-related events over the next three weeks. Prepare for summer dress overload!
- I feel like I'm forgetting something in this list. Life has been so crazy busy awesome ridiculous.
// outfit details //
Shirt: ThredUP: Maurice's
Skirt: Made by me: Details HERE
Tank: Forever21: $1.80
Sandles: ThredUP: BCBGeneration
Earrings: Droplette Jewelry
Facebook page for her jewelry business! She makes the most gorgeous things and lately she's been into these precious book pendants. Please go "like" her page to stay up-to-date with what she has available!