Friday, July 4, 2014

Summer of Dresses | Bachelorette Party

Hey y'all! Super quick post today as I run around. Last night was my good friend Kaliste's bachelorette party! It was a casual affair, hanging out in her maid-of-honor's basement drinking strawberry drinks and eating pizza and way too many Oreos. I decided to don this dress that I have been dying to wear ever since I got it because it's just not the sort of dress you can just wear  y'know? It's a little loud, a little silly, and way too comfortable. It's kinda silky and my family thinks it looks like a nightgown, so, I wore it to the party because I could. ;) 

 I paired it with a white Halftee (Short Sleeve style, I believe) which was a super easy way to layer for modesty. Earlier in the day my awesome friend Caroline practiced doing my hair for the wedding coming up soon and I needed to see how long it would stay, so I wore it all day. I'm actually still wearing it now 24 hours later and it still looks fine!

// outfit details //
Dress: Old Navy: ThredUP
Halftee: c/o Deborah & Co
Shoes: Payless: $12
Necklace: Charming Charlie's: $9

  I slipped on my favorite new coral gladiators and refreshed my green toenail polish. After a day of running around trying to get stuff done, it felt good to relax into something stylish and comfortable.

 So, I found a hilarious necklace at Charming Charlie's last week that I just *had* to get and wear to this party. It says "Single" on one side and "Ready to Mingle" on the other. We have a good time laughing about that kind of thing and it seemed appropriate for the evening. ;)

Well, as I was writing this post I got a message asking if I could photograph a wedding... in 3 hours. O.o So, I'm gonna skedaddle. Y'all have an awesome 4th of July! What would you wear to a bachelorette party?



27 comments :

  1. Cute dress and I love how you did your hair! Funny necklace...did go with the situation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so pretty, Olivia! Lovely outfit, and that hairstyle is gorgeous on you!
    Hope you're enjoying your busy schedule!
    Blessings,
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm what a nice floral dress!!! I like your necklace and the colour of your nail polish :)
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your dress Olivia! You look so pretty!!!!
    ~Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress! I don't think you should be shy about wearing it. It's very pretty and seems as though it would be appropriate for a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, I love it so much I think it would be appropriate for a lot of occasions! :-)
      ~Katie

      Delete
  6. Oh man, I just love the utter summery-ness of this dress! It's so awesome. I'd probably wear something kinda silly I probably couldn't wear to too many other things to a bachelorette party as well. It sounds like the kinda thing you can do that with, which is a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh yes...I love this dress. So beautiful!! And love your accents too-the shoes, nail polish, and...necklace. Now THAT is hilarious. So fitting to wear to a bachelorette party. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!!!! One of my friends has that EXACT dress! Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hairstyle is beautiful!

    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way your hair is styled, Olivia! Have a blessed summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outfit! I defiantly want to invest in a few of those half tees that you wear, they look comfortable, yet stylish enough to go with all sorts of outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that's actually a boyfriend length halftee. The short-sleeved ones are more like a capped sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that's actually a boyfriend length halftee. The short-sleeved ones are more like a capped sleeve length. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, on the Halftee website it is the boyfriend length. On Deborah and Co though they have it listed as short sleeve. confusing. :P

      Delete
  14. What an adorable outfit! I would wear it all kinds of places. I love the dress and shoes!

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  15. What kind of camera do you own?

    ReplyDelete
  16. it looks so beautiful on you!!! And your hair is lovely! I love your blog :-D Thanks for all you do. :-D

    Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Olivia!

    So My name is Hannah, and I blog on my corner of the world at: Hannahsclosetfashion.blospot.com <- I was wondering if maybe you can take a look? Please comment for advise, ideas or tips, I really like talking, and I really like sharing, and I LOVE to write, so that's why I opened up this blog. Its about fashion, DIY and other tips and ideas in everyday life. Please comment and let me know what you honestly think!

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! I was trying to lookup ur blog because it sounded interesting! but I wasn't able to find it. :-\ it's called hannahsclosetfashion.blogspot.com right? Thanks!
      ~ Katie

      Delete
  18. Quick Question:

    How did you make your Thumb nails on the top picture?

    Thanks!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the words on the picture? I used photoshop. :)

      Delete
  19. It's always fun to see your cheerful new ways to maintain modesty in a beautiful way. Thanks for sharing!

    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your dress, but I LOVE the attitude "Becuase I could" LOL LOL >giggle< >cry< >Y'all know ahat comes next!<

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  21. I’m invited to the best bachelorette party nyc and I have nothing to wear. I like the confidence you show when wearing this dress even though family was criticizing it.


    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!