Saturday, August 23, 2014

Be Back September 1st!

Hey y'all! Have you ever felt the need to just push the "restart" button? I am reeeally feeling that way here with Fresh Modesty and can't wait to push the "launch" button on Fresh Apparel Denim Co, too! I'm feeling overwhelmed with how much web work I have to do here in the next couple weeks as I revamp Fresh Modesty (I never really finished last time) and cut the ribbon on Fresh Apparel's website. 


A quote that's stuck with me this week is, "You can do anything you want, but not everything you want." 

It's a wonderful, slightly annoying truth, isn't it? 
I cannot do everything. And trying to gets me nowhere. 


So, I'm gonna take a break from blogging until September 1st. That's the deadline I've given myself to have the new blog design up and functioning, the sponsors organized, and a post or two in the pipeline so I can keep working on the Fresh Apparel website. 

I so appreciate all of your awesome responses to the "Post ideas" survey and I definitely plan on using most of them! I'm still trying to figure out how to do comprehensive, consistent content that doesn't take me days to prepare. As much as I would love to be a full-time blogger, that's not my season of life right now and frankly I'm having a hard time balancing everything. Don't worry, this blog is a huge priority in my life (had to laugh when some of you said you'd like to know what I do in my free time. The answer is this.) and I have no plans to stop coming by at least once a week to chat with y'all. ;) But, I need to say au revoir until for a week  or so so I can focus on making the blog better in the long run. :) 

Have to admit, it is pretty stinkin awesome to be dressed in YOUR OWN clothes. Not clothes I sewed myself, or printed myself, but clothes I designed, sent to factories/ print shops and had them do for me. This is one of the Fresh Apparel t-shirts that I have for the Kickstarter backers and then will be selling on the Fresh Apparel website when it is ready. This skirt is the latest sample I had L.C.King do for me and I've been wearing it a lot to test it out.

If you'd like to follow along on FA's progress, I'll continue posting on FreshApparelDenimCo's Instagram page, here. :) And, don't forget Fresh Modesty has an Instagram as well! 

I would really, really appreciate y'alls prayers for me the next couple weeks. Not only do I have two full sites to rebuild (and I am not proficient at web design at all), skirt details to get to the factory still before they can start production, about 2,500 emails to sort/reply to, and a lot of blog things to think through, but my health has been less-than-awesome lately. Lyme disease is one of those things that you never know how it's going to behave, so it becomes very hard to plan out a work schedule and not get discouraged when I spend an entire morning on the bathroom floor about to throw up or when I have to nap for 3 hours in the middle of the day to try and curb the ridiculous joint pain. I know many of your pray for me regularly anyway and I am SO grateful. I'm just letting you know now of specific things you could be praying for as I need clarity, focus, vibrancy, and perseverance to get my tasks done in a timely manner. :) 

Y'all bless me so much. I am excited for what the future holds! See you soon. 


31 comments :

  1. You are doing a wonderful work Olivia and I will be praying that you have strength and focus of mind to push through all this. You are truly a blessing to me and so many others.
    Prayerfully,
    Mary P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shirt and I'll be praying about your Lymes.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very sorry for the stress and pain you've been in. It definitely takes a strong person to push as hard as you have been. You're an amazing example. Thank you so much for being such a good example. Take as much time as you need. We definitely understand. Hope you feel stronger and more centered soon. Prayers will be sent your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there,
    I'm so excited to for you to get to launch the new site. I love your new jean skirt, I've been looking for one for winter. Will it be available on the new site to buy?
    Keeping you in prayer ~ Leah R :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much excitement Olivia!

    I will be praying for you.

    love,
    Cassie
    the elder sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lymes is horrible, but God is good. So excited for all the projects you've got going, Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss you Olivia :) i just began my walk with modesty as God has convicted me. Your blog has been a source of inspiration and its been a true blessing for me. God certainly has annointed you. I will keep you in my prayers. Lymes sucks Hope always wins :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting to see you WEARING the skirt and T-shirt! Looking forward to receiving mine.
    Love your blog and am very grateful for your positive influence on me and many others. Praying for your health and your sanity during this hectic season of your life. God bless! ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the skirt. It looks classy but practical at the same time. I'm fairly new to your blog. I came here via http://finerfem.wordpress.com/ and I'm enjoying it.

    God bless
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Nice design too ;)
    I can relate, I feel very overwhelmed right now-life is crazy!
    Hopefully you'll feel well enough to get done what needs doing!
    Natasha
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank God for you Olivia, and I hope and pray that your Lyme's will feel better soon. You look beautiful by the way. :)

    dance a real

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you! You should make a G+ for fresh modesty! I don't have instagram or FB or twitter or any of the popular ones and I would LOVE to follow Fresh Modesty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hang in there, girl! Praying that He'll give you the strength to finish strong. :) Thank you so much for all of your hard work of making these beautiful resources available for so many more people! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will be praying for you! Taking a break every once in a while just to step back and sort through what has to be done is very good every once in a while. I'm sorry you've had joint pain; I had to deal with that earlier this year. Not lyme, thankfully, though. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! Love the shirt! It goes well with the skirt so nicely! I can easily understand about needing breaks...we are moving soon and it's going to get so crazy that I may not comment but I will still read your posts! I hope all goes well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Will be praying for you! Love your blog and looking forward to your return!
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE THAT SKIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It looks so Magestic and beautiful!

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Argh! The skirt is so. flattering! The color is my favorite for denim - just pure dark. And the t-shirt looks perfect; it looks nice and soft, comfortable, doesn't hug your neck, and the design on it is awesome. I also have to mention I really like the table and chairs in the background (though that honestly is a bit strange to point out).
    You can fully count on my thoughts and prayers for all of those specific things! I'm so sorry about the Lyme's disease. I know what it feels like to have so much on your plate and not being able to know how/when/if you're gonna be able to do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very excited to see your new business. Also very sorry to hear that you are still struggling with the Lyme disease. Make sure to take care of yourself! Will pray for you during your break.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll be praying for you Olivia! It is so exciting to see how the Lord is using you. I can't wait to see where He will bring you next!

    Blessings,

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will remember you in my prayers, Olivia! It sounds like your life is so busy and full, but I know that the Lord will help you through this season. Blessings and peace to you and your family!

    P.S- the skirt looks amazing btw! As well as the shirt :)

    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll be praying! Hope everything works out well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Praying for you! I received my shirt in the mail a couple of days ago and I love it! :-) Hope everything goes well.
    Lauren
    lauren-snippetsofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Olivia,

    So exciting and yet so busy! Your shirts are just adorable. I'll be praying for your health... I have the same deal with Lyme. When bad health days hit I'm reminded of HIS faithfulness.. and his knowing I need to slow down a bit and rest.. even though it certainly isn't my plan ;)

    Love,
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  25. Praying for you and can't wait for Sept.1! Your blog is an encouragement to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. How do you do your hair? It looks great like that!
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey! You should do a gift card give away to all the places u shop!!!
    Would love that!! Just something for u to think about!!!
    Hannah M

    ReplyDelete
  28. The skirt is so beautiful! I love everything about it and can't wait until they are available for sale!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I may seem dense here but can someone explain to me what a boyfriend tee is? I read a precious blog post and have heard many people talk about boyfriend tees.
    Thanks,
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey Olivia!

    I love your new blog!! The colors, the pictures, the layout, it's very fresh and clean.

    Thank's for all you do for us ladies!

    Moriah

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Olivia!
    I love how you're able to look nice while not compromising your modesty standards. I will definitely pray for you, wow, that is a LOT to handle. I have read about people fully recovering from Lyme disease by going on a diet of only raw milk (unpasteurized), you might want to look into it.

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!