Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sweet Salt Striped Shirt

Hey y'all! I'm adjusting to a new schedule of working on business Monday-Wednesday and around the house Thursday-Saturday, hoping that this will smooth things out a little. I found these outfit pictures on the computer today and it reminded me that we only have a few Sundays left until it's no longer "correct" to wear white! I may wear this outfit again while I still can. ;) 

My top I ordered (courtesy of a gift card!) from Salt Sweet Clothing, a website with wonderful modest clothing for women. I absolutely LOVE the two items I got (this shirt and a maxi skirt!) and I'm seriously thinking of ordering more of the same because they've become such staples in our wardrobes these couple of months and my sisters and I are always fighting over them. ;)

// outfit details //
Shirt: Sweet Salt Clothing: c/o them, $20.99
Shoes: ThredUP
Bracelet: eBay: $2.99
Earrings: Gift

 Okay, need to rant about this shirt for a minute. It's amazing. I have a very definite hourglass shape and have a hard time finding shirts that aren't too tight across the chest and yet don't swallow up my middle. This Striped Half Sleeve fits me peeeeerfectly and I feel confident wearing it. I don't have to keep stretching it out, or alter it, or wear a belt with it. It just has a perfect cut, weight, and styling. Definitely worth $20.99. I've gotten so much use out of it and I'm going to keep wearing it through the winter for sure! Sweet Salt has some other adorable tops that when I get some more closet space I will definitely be buying. ;)

I hope you're having a fantastic week so far! I'm going to work on writing Fresh Modesty's newsletter now... have you signed up for it yet? It's an every-so-often email that highlights some of the exciting happenings of everything that's going on with Fresh Modesty and Fresh Apparel. If you use Gmail, check your "Social" tab for it! Oh look, here's a handy sign-up form for you... ;)



Do you have a favorite brand of shirt that always fits right? Do share! Have a wonderful day!


22 comments :

  1. Love this look! You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. :)
    The tops is so cute, and I definitely understand your t-shirt dilemma -- I have that struggle, also, with hips added in as another factor to consider.

    Also, random note here: your hair and eyes are so lovely in these photos! The lighting is really fantastic -- your sister definitely knows how to use lighting to her advantage in her photographs. :)

    blessings!
    alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! That shirt sounds like it would be perfect for me as well, as I have that same problem. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love this outfit! I love that style of neckline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice outfit! :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit. :)

    sami
    www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wear white year around and black in the summer. Anyway, I would love to steal your top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always looking for inspiration for accessories, and I would really love it if you could post close-ups of yours. Especially your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty shirt! I love those kind of shirts-so comfy yet modest. I'll have to check out the website. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful outfit! You look beautiful as always Olivia!
    That shirt is out of my price range, but I love it just the same. I just LOVE that neckline.
    BTW, do you have a more specific date estimate for when the skirts will be ready? Just curious. :)
    Blessings!
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That top certainly flatters and fits you so well! Finding ones that do is a great feeling. You feel so confident while wearing them, ya know? :) I'm usually able to find well-fitting tops at Old Navy and Target; although I've been meaning to try Land's End because although they're a bit pricey they might be worth it for the fit and quality.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Olivia!
    I have a horrendous time finding shirts that fit, for the same reason! I actually read somewhere that clothing is made purposefully for disproportionate people, so being an hourglass is what makes it hard! I've found the v necks at Target fit very nicely, not too form fitting-yet FIT!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, LOVE that skirt! You look great!
    -Marianne
    http://lettersfromelinorandmarianne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the shirt! It is very flattering! I have a fetish for stripes and sweaters....and if it's a striped sweater, that's even better!

    craftswithoutborders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I kinda wish I had that problem, but I am definitely not an hour glass! On second thought, most women aren't, so it probably is hard to find clothes if you are. Because I've always had slender hips, my waist doesn't really curve in much:( Oh well, I'll just have to deal with being a rectangle. Right now, at 9 months pregnant, I'm a rectangle with a watermelon on the front;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the same exact problem; it's so frustrating! That's part of the reason I don't wear dresses; I can't EVER seem to find one that fits right. Either it's too tight across the chest but fits everywhere else (or comes down too low) or it fits in the chest but it's too long and baggy. I've tried wearing plus sizes, but I'm not a very big person, so it was awkwardly shaped and proportioned. Any suggestions?

    Also, just on a side note, why will it not be "correct" to wear white? I don't get it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. That shirt looks really awesome, an your outfit is so cute!

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this tee is so perfect, flattering but not even close to being too tight, very classy, so glad its available to order.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I love the outfit. The tee and the floral skirt is just so perfect. And btw, you look so pretty and sweet in it. I really love your hair! Now I'm envious :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Olivia , the Look is beautiful , I looked over for the skirt on the thred-up website but couldnt find the very same one. Let me know where I could find it maybe and keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Olivia!
    I'm not trying to be rude, just simply curious, do you ever wear the same outfit twice?

    Agian sorry if this sounded rude, not my intention:)

    Kiki

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!