Friday, September 19, 2014

Favorites | September

Hey y'all! I would love to keep an atmosphere of friendship surrounding Fresh Modesty-- that is, I'm your pal and you're mine and we share our lives to encourage each other. One thing that friends do is share little things that make them happy. At least, that's what I do with my friends. ;) So, I'm hoping to share once a month some of the things that are floating my boat, so to speak. 

Here's a round up of some of the physical items that have made me smile lately.

This Contigo Water Bottle has been my closest companion since I got it a few months ago. It keeps me drinking plenty throughout the day, which is essential for everyone. 
I try to keep a stash of dark chocolate on hand at all times because some days, it seems to be the only thing that will satisfy. I've always thought girls who say they "have to have chocolate" seemed kind of silly, like, get over it lady. But, having had to endure times without it, I completely understand now. Rite Aid had it on sale last week so happy me. Oh, but I just looked it up on Amazon and they have a better every day price:  Ghirardelli Chocolate Intense Dark Squares
I have yet to hop on the "essential oils cure everything" train, but I can't deny my love of lavender oil. Although I'm not kookoo for the smell, I use it often to reduce the itch of bug bites and the pain of bee stings. I have been laid up for 3 days with stings a number of times, but not since trying Lavender Oil on them. 

This sweet little dress is in the Bell Tower Boutique shop that my church runs. I keep all the items for the Boutique at my house and this dress has been right outside my bedroom door lately. It just makes me smile when I walk past it. I think of the lovely little girl who will wear it one day and I pray that it will sell soon so that our church's building fund can grow. I don't know if the listings have been updated, but Free Shipping on all the summer sundresses right now!

I keep a Pink Sewing Measuring Tape beside the computer for quick access as I'm ordering things, as reference to help someone with an eBook question, and just so I always know where it is. I've had the basic yellow measuring tapes, but I really love this cheery pink one. I know it's a weird thing to include on this list, but sometimes its the simple things. :)

I picked up Lauren Conrad's Style at the library last week and, although I've only made it to chapter one, I'm really enjoying it. Sometimes it's nice to be reminded of the right way to do things. :) And, wow! I didn't realize how cheap it is on Amazon. I'll probably be buying it soon.

Alright, y'all. This book, Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown is probably going to be my favorite book of the year. And not just because the author retweeted me this week. ;) It is all about finding your highest point of contribution and focusing your life to not be scattered everywhere. As someone with a million things on my plate (that I've brought on myself) it's been so helpful for me. Hiiiiigly recommend.

And, of course, I'm so thankful for my Bible these days. This is the NKJV "Princess Bible", which I bought because of the bejeweled clasp. :P

I was planning on including links to articles, blogs, and pinterest images that touched me this month as well, but since this post is already two days late I better just get this out. ;)

I want to hear what this month's favorites of yours are!! Your list can certainly be as random as mine! Blessings on your day!

P.S. I neglected to include a link to Joyfully His Blog in the Sponsors Post this week! Please go check those lovely bloggers out and leave them a comment saying I sent you! Thanks!

Affiliate disclaimer: This post contains links to Amazon, whom I have an affiliate account with and I may receive a small commission from purchases of these items through these links. But, I would be linking to these whether I got a commission or not. :) 


20 comments :

  1. my favorites are: this quote: GRACE is God's Riches At Christ's Expense; the first cold day, the LORD'S friendship, that I can cast all my stresses and fleshly desires onto. the red green shows on YouTube- it makes your lifestyle seem better than ever:). thanks for your blog! ~ Kelly M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lavender oil! Tea Tree oil also helps with itchy bug bites, but it smells worse than the lavender! I also really like lavender oil for headaches and for healing scars, it seems to work really well.

    I know what you mean, sometimes you just need chocolate! I like to keep a bar of Lindt 80% dark chocolate around for when I'm wanting something "chocolate". ;)

    I was wondering what web hosting you use? I'm thinking about re-doing my website since it's been about 5 years! lol! I really like your new website look! Especially the Inspirations page, I think it turned out great!

    Bobbi
    www.bobbiheydephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly is the little things in life that make it awesome :)! Some of the best things from my month have been doing some sewing, a conference by the Maxwell family in our area, meeting a special needs orphan that we helped fund home, studying Proverbs, my baby brother starting to reach for those who are taking him, and too many other things to count!
    In Christ our Savior,
    Bri, 17 year old blogger of "Forget Not His Benefits", a blog on Thankfulness, Family, and Following God :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOVE this post idea! So fun! My favorites this month are: using coconut oil on my face, the beginnings of autumn, Lauraine Snelling books, the quote "hold on to JOY", teaching little ones the first steps to playing piano, and EOS lip balm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want! Lauren Conrad is so cool! Haha loving the pink measuring tape.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're on a the same book with the measuring tape! I have a white one that I try to keep near my desk. It got lost recently, and I miss it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely chocolate! In fact I have a sign over my craft/costume table that say, "Chocolate fixes everything," and I whole heartedly believe it... well, that and a healthy dose of prayers! Anyway, I'm one of your "older" followers, being 38 (wow, it's always so weird to write that down because most days I feel younger but as I get older I get slower LOL) and the most favorite thing, in my life, this month is remembering that my "season" in life right now is to love and cherish my little ones. Sometimes in the everyday busy-ness of life you miss the smiles and giggles. This month I am focusing on them!
    P.S. I found your blog while researching modest clothing for my teen girls but I stay because you're beautiful inside and out and who doesn't need more of that in their life?!? My girls don't have a lot of computer time but I do have them read your blog every chance I get! Keep up the good work....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You said "I'm your pal and you're mine and we share our lives to encourage each other."
    I like that - keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me and Gaby love Lauren Conrad's Style book! It is the book where we learned the most from, we also love her Beauty book too. What we love about LC is that she really gets a lot of things right [in both the Style & Beauty books], of course there are a few things we disagree on, but that is normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun! I love the Lauren Conrad Style book! There are several tips that I have gleaned from perusing that book :)

    My favorites for this month: These wonderfully big, retro pink flower earrings that I picked up at an antique store; a red lip balm from Parallel Face & Body that I have been wearing almost every time that I put on makeup; A boar bristle brush that I picked up just yesterday :D Silly to include it in my favorites when I purchased it so recently, but the effect that it has had on my hair already is simply a.m.a.z.i.n.g. A khaki skirt that I made (see my blog post about it here: http://boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com/2014/09/what-i-made-eshakti-to-me-shakti.html)... And I think that's it :D

    xoxo,
    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, chocolate is something that I would rather not live without - for me it has to be dark! I've been liking it this week too. Lavender oil is great. Sometimes I use it for sunburns. :)
    ~Paige
    Sunday Best and the Rest

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so cool! Some of my favorites this month... For King & Country's album "Crave", BBC's Sherlock (that's a favorite every month ;)), and sunny fall weather. We've been able to hang out outside so much this month... It's wonderful! Me, my sister, and my mom have been watching BBC's Bleak House... I'm not sure if I'm madly in love with the story, but after starting it we have to see the end! :D
    -Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rose

    When I go to the inspiration categories, and clikc on "casual" it says, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist."
    Just thought you'd like to know Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had forgotten to mention this too, Rose. All the other categories work. :)

      Great post Olivia! I also LOVE my pink tape measure. :)
      Blessings! ~Abby

      Delete
    2. Rose

      yeah, i found it odd that everything else worked but the one link I wanted to see. :) hopefully she'll have it working soon. I guess it's not just my computer then.

      I love my tape measure too! Even if it's blue. LOL

      Delete
  14. 1] My long black dress. :)
    2] Cool weather
    3] Blogs
    4] GOD
    5] My 11 siblings, my 2 nieces, 2 nephews, sister, and brother in-laws, and my parents.
    -Abi

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Your list can certainly be as random as mine!"?? Okay then! This month I've been loving my calculator, Boheme hand cream (it's been getting cold in the morning/night here and believe it or not I need this already!), awesome pencil sharpeners, my tote bag, two new fall/winter skirts I scored for $3.50 each thanks to a half-off sale at a thrift store, and simple but cute new black flats I got at Payless :)

    I love your adorable edition of the Bible and Essentialism sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Funny how chocolate makes everything better! 1. my Bible 2. Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar products :) 3. clean bookshelf (yay!) 4. photography
    Thanks sooooo much for this Olivia! Blessings, Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes! Love this! Now I can finally see what you are reading!.
    ~Grace P.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is the first time I've looked at your blog being a Christian Fashionista its very inspiring. being probably one of your youngest fans (13) its awesome. chocolate essential oils my pink jeweled bible my book Jayne Eyre Burts bees lip balm and my new sewing machine MINE;)

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!